Portsmouth Vision Center’s COVID-19 Protocol
As Governor DeWine calls for a slow return to routine eye care for the optometry community, we ask for your help in continuing to provide a safe environment at Portsmouth Vision Center.
All necessary precautions to protect your safety and the safety of our dedicated staff are being taken. All disinfection procedures are being performed frequently and to the strictest standards.
Personal protective measures will be in place. To that end, we kindly request your adherence to the following protocols:
- Please wear a face covering to your appointment, and utilize hand sanitizer in our office
- Please do not bring anyone with you into the office (drivers should wait outside or in the car). Exceptions will be made on a limited basis; please inform us of your needs in advance.
- Non-contact thermometers will be used to check temperatures of all who enter.
- Recommend at-risk patients to postpone routine eye care
- We ask that anyone showing symptoms of illness such as fever, cough, etc. to not enter our office and make other arrangements for pickups or scheduled appointments
- Follow proper handwashing techniques posted at all sinks in our office.
- If our lobby is full, waiting in your car until the doctor is ready to see you.
Portsmouth Vision Center will continue to offer curbside pickup for contact lenses and eyeglasses, as well as telemedicine services. For contact lens orders, you can text our office at (740) 354-2821 or order on our website, www.portsmouthvisioncenter.com.
For your safety, we have:
- Decreased the number of chairs in our waiting area and exam rooms to allow for proper social distancing
- Provided a barrier at the front desk to allow for 6 feet of distance between our patients and reception staff
- Added guards in exam rooms to provide a barrier between patients and doctors
- Implemented the use of PPE and hand sanitizer throughout the office
- Implemented the use of a no-touch thermometer in checking the temperature of all staff and doctors reporting to work daily.
If you have any questions about your upcoming appointment or need to schedule, please call (740) 354-2821.